We give you immediate access to free professional legal advice where necessary.
Our legal team will represent you individually or collectively before relevant courts, tribunals, authorities or government departments. We also give peer support, advice, mediation and workplace visits.
We can help you with any legal matter in your leadership role including:
- Workplace injury, public liability injury and Return to Work SA entitlements, processes and representation at case conferences and tribunal hearings.
- Unfair dismissal and reinstatement of entitlements.
- Defamation and vexatious allegations by staff members or parents.
- Assault and restraining orders.
- Allegations of breaches of code of conduct and misconduct investigations including ICAC.
- Harassment and bullying in the workplace.
How would you deal with the these unforeseen challenges?
A teacher submits a grievance to your ED and the AEU. They assert that you are bullying them and start bad mouthing you to parents and colleagues. A directions meeting is called. Who represents you when the AEU is representing staff?
You are told to leave your site immediately and suspended pending an investigation. You receive little information outlining the allegation and no relevant assistance from DECD. How do you afford the cost of legal representation and how do you protect your career?
A parent defames you on Facebook, tells other parents that you are a criminal and creates a Facebook hate page dedicated to you. How do you stop the defamation, how do you seek damages to your reputation?